Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Holy Crap. YUM!

Do you ever try a new recipe only to find yourself shocked at how tasty it is?  Do you ever find yourself thinking "I think this is what I would make if President Obama stopped by"?  

That happened to me tonight.  I tried a new recipe.  It was actually my second choice.  I don't have an oven safe skillet (come on Sarah, you cook enough, just buy it already!), so I moved past the maple glazed salmon to the Orange-Glazed Salmon Fillets with Rosemary.  It was a great choice.  The sauce is amazing.  Someday I'll make it for Patrick, because he loves rosemary (it's amazing what I learn when I visit Kansas City).

Trust me.  You should try this.   I halved the recipe, and it turned out great.  I would take a picture, but if you compared it to Mary-Claire's I would feel sub par, so you're just getting the recipe (from Cooking Light).

Orange-Glazed Salmon Fillets with Rosemary
4 (6 oz) salmon fillets (1 inch thick)
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
cooking spray
2 T minced shallots
1/4 c dry white wine
1/2  t fresh rosemary
3/4 c fresh OJ
1 T maple syrup

Sprinkle fillets with salt & pepper.  Heat a nonstick skilled over med-high heat.  Coat pan with cooking spray.   Add fillets; cook 2 min each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.  Remove from pan.

Re coat pan with cooking spray.  Add shallots; saute 30 sec.  Stir in wine and rosemary; cook 30 sec or until liquid almost evaporates.  Add juice and syrup; bring to boil, and cook 1 min.  Return fillets to pan; cook 1 min on each side or until heated.

Enjoy!

No comments: