Sunday, November 23, 2008

CABCo Reunion

Last week I was walking down the stairs at work and stumbled upon what appeared to be a time warp. Standing in front of me was Derek, who I used to hang out with at CABCo in the early 2000s. I had not seen him in six years. It was quite a shock. It turns out he works at Allied now. We had a lot to catch up on, and it was decided that a reunion was in order.

Derek called Michelle, who I used to spend a lot of time with. I had not talked to her in about 4 years. We agreed that we would meet on Saturday at Court Avenue Brewing Company.

I was incredibly nervous. I always worry before I see people I haven't seen in a long time. After about 5 minutes of hanging out it became clear that I should not have worried. We were talking like no time had past. We even set up a sushi night for January.

Mike, Stimmel, Me, & Derek

Michelle & Mike

I think the best part of the night was reconnecting with Michelle. We used to be very close, but drifted apart as we were leading vastly different lies (vastly might be an understatement in that sentence). We are in similar spots again, and I look forward to hanging out with her again soon.

I sat at this bar for most of my early 20s.

I have so many wonderful memories of Court Avenue. I hope to continue to make memories there for years to come.

No comments: