Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall Fest Fireworks

Tonight is the night I have been waiting for. After months of anticipation I put up the caution tape and yelled at teenagers to stay behind the tape (coincidentally tonight was also the night that I discovered that teenagers think I'm a bitch [and that is the nice teenagers. I won't even type what the others say]). Tonight was the kick off of Beaverdale Fall Fest. I started the festival by taping off the fireworks area with Ann. It wasn't that exciting, but it was much more difficult than I had imagined. Without her strength I never would have got the poles in the ground. She also made it much more fun.
After roping off the area I went to visit Jamie. She was busy discussing the bouncy house with Violet, so we didn't get much of a chance to talk. No worries, the parade goes past her house so we're sitting in her yard tomorrow.
When the fireworks started I had the best seat in the house. If you are yelled at by teenagers they let you watch them set off the fireworks with the people that set off the fireworks. It was so cool words cannot begin to describe it. I guess I will have to work on some sort of interpretive dance that explains it all.
After the fireworks we wandered around for a bit. After a while we decided to just sit down at Christopher's to avoid the teenagers (could this blog post make me sound any older? Seriously.). They developed a special drink for fall fest: the blue beaver. It. was. delicious. We had a great time, but with Hot Toddy, Ann, Stimmel, and me in the mix, how could you not? Hot Toddy & Stimmel even agreed to pop their collars for a few pictures.

2 comments:

essjay said...

Looks like a great time! I can imagine how fun the caution tape was...what a beautiful evening for yelling at teenagers too!

Deirdre said...

I'm eagerly awaiting a blue beaver recipe. :)

Congratulations on a beautiful evening, rotten teenagers and all!