Saturday, November 21, 2009

Holiday Promenade

Last night John and I headed to the Holiday Promenade in the East Village. The shops were open late and crowds packed the street. The store formally known as Smash and now known as Raygun even had a renaming party. They even had a new shirt for the name change that reads "Raygun the store that used to be called SMASH until some a holes in California made us change it."

We spent a lot of time at Ephemera, my new favorite store. I picked up some cards and Ellie's Christmas present there. I would have liked to have picked up some photos of Des Moines too.


It was nice to get out and enjoy the local businesses. It is nice to see the East Village thriving. Thanks to all of the great stores I'll be able to get all of my Christmas shopping done without heading to the mall. And that is the best gift of all.

1 comment:

essjay said...

I absolutely love that spread of DM photos in Ephemera - they are so lovely!