Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ice Skating

After a year of harassment I got John on the ice last night. He had never skated before. As you can see, he wasn't very excited about it.

I, on the other hand, love ice skating. I can't get enough of it. Ever since I learned at the the pond at the Grotto I've loved getting out on the ice. There is just something about quietly gliding along.

Skating is also special to me because I used to do with my Dad. In Jr. High Dad took me skating a few times. To this day he is the best ice skater I've seen that isn't a professional. I'm not nearly as good as him, but I don't fall down (and I think that is enough to be proud of).
John is not a "strong" skater. It reminded me of roller skating with Conor. John held my hand and tried not to fall down. I skated and pulled him along. It worked great until he fell. He kind of pulled me down with him. I even have the bruise on my knee to prove it. I don't think it counts as falling on skates if you are pulled down.

I'm looking forward to getting a lot of skating in this winter. I just don't think John will be joining me.

2 comments:

essjay said...

He is a great sport for giving it a try!

Ivy said...

I'm not a "strong" skater either, but I don't fall down (much). I may have to head out to the skating plaza this winter meself! :)