Tuesday, September 9, 2008

801 Power Climb



Last year I participated in the 801 Power Climb. I climbed 41 floors, 85 flights of stairs, and almost 1000 steps to get to the top of 801 Grand. It has exhausting and fun. The worst part was doing it alone. Lori was supposed to climb with me, but she was injured and couldn't make it.

I'm climbing again in 2009, but I don't want to do it alone. I want to form a team. If you're interested let me know. If we get enough people on the team we could even get t shirts. Who doesn't love t shirts?

If you would like to join, but you are worried about the difficulty, relax; climbing 41 floors sounds much harder than it is. I didn't train much, and it took me about 12 1/2 minutes. You should take a chance and give it a shot.

2 comments:

Monica said...

HHHmmm.... stair climbing, eh?? t-shirts, eh??? I'll think about it...!

slipsec said...

Nobody wanted to do it with me last year, but I'M IN! I tried to race the elevator down 19 floors last winter & lost bout ~10seconds so hopefully can handle the climb. My best UP was ~5 minutes for 27 flights.