Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lawnmower Party

Saturday was a big day. It was the annual lawnmower party. Crusher turned seven this year, and 100 people turned out to wish Mom & Dad's riding mower a happy birthday.

Before the party started I taught Bailey how to pour beer. She was having trouble with pumping & pouring, so Conor helped with the pouring. Working together paid off, after a few very foamy beers they got the hang of it. It was nice having someone offer to pour me a beer all night.


Not only did Bailey offer to pour beers, she also delivered them. I think the lawnmower party should always have a full service bar.



When Bailey was busy playing Johnny helped out. He was kind enough to deliver an entire tray of beer to the porch.



After dark there was a bonfire. Bailey roasted a marshmallow for me. Having beer and marshmallows delivered to me was great. I probably should have tipped her.



We sat around the fire until after midnight. It was nice to get to know Fanny-Pack and his wife Jodi, as well as catch up with Johnny. It made me want to go camping. I hate the idea of camping when it's hot out, but once it starts to get cold at night I want to be around a campfire.



It was the best party for a seven year old I've ever been to. I wish I would have had more time to talk to everyone. I guess I'll have to remember to stay off of the porch for a bit next year so I can catch up with the people I only see once a year.

7 comments:

Winky333 said...

I don't think Bailey is old enough for a liquor license. Could this be considered contributing to the delinquency of a minor? :-)

Winky333 said...

I don't think Bailey is old enough for a liquor license. Could this be considered contributing to the delinquency of a minor? :-)

Winky333 said...

Hmmm...I don't know why that posted twice. Now you're going to get all excited thinking that you have a lot of comments. Sorry for the misleading count.

Mary said...

Note that Johnny is using the high chair tray for a beer tray.

slipsec said...

That Bears logo looks funny.

bottled_milk said...

i'm just trying to run up the comment count now.

Unknown said...

On camping:

I enjoy camping immensely. We should all go. I can build us a fire. We can have marshmallows and brats and alcoholic beverages to take the sting off the cold. It would be good fun for all. Thoughts?

(oh right, this is John's little sister. I am not cool enough to have my own blogger account yet, though I'm working on it. ...that is all.)