Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer

I am loving summer. Usually I get disgruntled with the heat and just want to stay inside my climate controlled house. This year I decided to embrace the heat. After all, embracing the cold last winter turned out to be a lot of fun.

I'm actually enjoying the heat. It's not so bad when you can choose to be hot. Knowing I can always go back into the AC makes it not so terrible. I have been enjoying patios as often as possible.I've even learned to like running when it's hot.

My favorite part of the summer is the fresh produce. Today I used some of the produce in an amazing salad. I chopped up what was left of my heirloom tomatoes from Saturday, diced a slice of sourdough bread, tore up some basil. I threw it all in a bowl with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. I waited a bit for the bread to soak up some tomato goodness and then devoured it.
It was the best salad I have ever eaten. I'm going to eat it as much as possible before the end of tomato season. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

essjay said...

I'm drooling over that salad.

I'll admit I wish I could learn to appreciate summer as you have. I just melt in the heat and it makes me no fun to be around!