Thursday, November 18, 2010

Year In Pictures:Week 8

49:365 Pondering
I went to the eye doctor on Friday and decided to look into LASIK surgery. I'm nervous and excited about the possibility of not needing glasses.

50:365 Invent
I didn't go out to eat all weekend, which is a rarity. On Saturday I invented a new recipe - butternut squash and barley risotto. I almost always use a recipe to cook, so this was quite the stretch for me. It turned out great. I have been enjoying the leftovers all week.

51:365 Brunch
I really love brunch. It's a shame there aren't more days where it makes sense to eat a big meal at 9:30 in the morning.

52:365 Addict
There is a Starbucks across the street from my office. I go there a lot. This week I got my gold card in the mail.

53:365 Bird is the Word
Now that I dabble in eating meat I have discovered my love for roasted organic chicken. I'm still not very good at getting the meat off the bone.

54:365 Glasses
Part of the check to make sure I am a candidate for lasik is to not wear contacts for 2 weeks prior to my first exam. Contacts can change the shape of your cornea. It's pretty traumatic for me to have to wear my glasses because they are thick and I cannot see well enough to put make up on. I feel unprofessional without mascara on at work.

55:365 Eggcellent
I normally bring cold cereal to work to munch on for breakfast. Today was different. I decided to take advantage of a workout free morning and enjoy a scrambled egg on toast with salsa. I could get used to a breakfast that tasty.

1 comment:

Stacia said...

I've considered Lasik before, but I've never been brave enough to make it to the appointment stage. I'll be watching closely to see where this journey takes you!