Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Cubs Day

Max and T-Cal enjoy the game.

Girls like baseball too! Sarah, Me, Stacey (AKA the Stacenator), Allyson


Al, the Stacenator, Max, and me

And now we're at Shorty's and know everyone at the bar. A wee bit odd.

Platt, Max, me, Sarah, Scott


Today was I Cubs Day! Every year my friends and I get together to watch the I Cubs. Today was even better than last year. We took a half day and met at El Bait Shop. EBS has the best beer selection and fish tacos in town, so we each partook.

After lunch we went to the game. The I Cubs won. They won by a lot. The even won by enough for us to ignore the jr. high kids at the game. It was a good time.

After the game we hit up the High Life, Johnny's, and Shorty's. Some of us may have had too much to drink (I'm not naming names here). Luckily it is bike to work week, so the few people that had cars gave the people that had too much to drink got rides home.

It was a great afternoon. I was able to catch up with friends and have a fun afternoon out. The group and I decided to bump up our bi-annual get together to a quarterly get together. It was decided that our summer get together would be to go to Prairie Meadows and watch the horses run. I'm not a fan of playing the pony's, but with friend like these, I can't wait to watch the race.

3 comments:

Winky333 said...

Oh, I miss the I-Cubs. :-( The Indianapolis Indians just aren't the same. I miss my little deserted section out in left.

The Curran Family said...

I had sooooo much fun yesterday!!!

- - the "stacenator"

essjay said...

How great that you all decided to have that much fun more often! Enjoy the Meadows!