Sunday, May 4, 2008

Saturday

Yesterday was a great day. It didn't start off great, mind you. It started off with class. But by 3 PM class was over for the day. I'm now halfway done with my intersession, which means that I AM HALFWAY THROUGH MY MBA! Words cannot express how happy I am to type that.

I had to mow my yard yesterday. I hate mowing. I don't find it relaxing. I usually spend the whole time thinking about how it sucks, and how I let my lawn get too long. Yesterday I thought about Kirk J while mowing. He is the lawn care guy that my friend uses. I decided when filling the mower up with gas I would call him after mowing. So I mowed, thinking that this might be the last time I mow my lawn. I called Kirk. He looked at my yard. I hired him. I never have to mow my yard again. I never have to rake my leaves again. Maybe now I'll find gardening relaxing instead of a reason to swear under my breath as I shove plants around.

After I made the best purchase of my life I headed to Ankeny. I had a great time hanging out with my family. Even if my sisters wouldn't dance along to High School Musical.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm so glad you have a lawn guy. They're great.

And for the record, I was dancing on the inside.

Mary said...

I am proud of you.

Deirdre said...

On my to-do list: get a lawn guy.

Congratulations on your half-way MBA mark. I'm singing my dad's famous "I'm proud of you" song. Trust me - it's AWESOME!

mary-claire said...

I was too much in awe to dance. Costco and High School Musical is a lot to take in in one day.

essjay said...

Halfway through your MBA and hiring a lawn guy? That IS a great day! Congratulations on both!

bottled_milk said...

sarah jane. you hired a lawn guy? are you still going to Jazzman's for your coffee?