Friday, June 27, 2008

Homesick

I'm a little homesick tonight. Both of my sisters are at home in Cedar Falls. They will stay up late talking and laughing. They will have some wine. They will go to the parade tomorrow morning and then have mini donuts. They will, in short, have a really fun time.

I'm staying in Des Moines this weekend. An unexpected home improvement project cut into my budget this month, and it made more sense to stay at home. I wish I could be there with them, but I know they will be thinking of me. It helps to know that my brother is in Kansas City, so I'm not the only one who has to miss out.
Below is a photo of what I wish I were planning on doing tomorrow morning: drinking coffee at Cup of Joe. You just have to imagine Kathleen there with Mary-Claire, but I'm sure you get the idea. I hope they have a lot of fun. I just wish I could be there to share it with them.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

No Cup of Joe, but you were still missed. Conor wished you were here several times.

mary-claire said...

we didn't even get mini donuts! you were missed!