Friday, August 29, 2008

Car Trouble

As I mentioned yesterday, I had to take my car in this week. I used to worry about where I would take my car, and if I could trust the shop that I chose. I no longer have to worry. A few years ago my friend Clint opened his own shop (Shadetree Auto). I've been going there since then.

It is nice to have a mechanic you can go to that is always looking out for you. Today, instead of just buying new tires like the ones I had on the car, he called to say that there was a pair that worked just as well for $200 less. Needless to say, I was trilled with the service.

I was able to pick up my car tonight. TC picked me up after work and drove me out to Grimes. On the way there we talked about how it had been a long time since we've hung out with Clint & Mindy. When we got to the shop Clint was working the front desk. We asked if he could grab a beer with us. He looked at his watch and then sighed. The shop was open for another 45 minutes, so he couldn't leave. So we asked if we could bring the beer to him. He thought that was a great idea.

TC and I headed to the gas station to buy a six pack. When we got back to the shop the three of us sat around, drank some beers, and got caught up. I have no idea how long it has been since the three of us hung out together. It may have been TC and Melissa's wedding. They just had their two year anniversary, so that was a long time ago. We laughed and talked about all that has gone on in our lives.

After an hour and a half it was time to head home. We each had plans for the night, and needed to get going. It was nice to get caught up, and a few beers took a bit of the sting out of buying new tires and break pads.

1 comment:

Winky333 said...

Wow, Clint's place has really come along since my old DSM days. Say hi to Clint and Mindy for me the next time you see them.