Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mug Club

At Court Ave. Brewing Company they have a Mug Club.  The deal is you pay the membership fee, you get a mug and a t shirt, and a discount on beer all year long.  After a three year absence I rejoined the mug club.  So did Derek.  Tonight there was a mug club party, so Derek and I decided to head down to the bar to check it out.  I wanted to break in mug #24, Derek wanted to break in #37, and we both wanted a drink.
Derek enjoyed a free brat and I piled some veggies and potato chips on a bun (don't knock it until you've tried it).  We talked about what we had planned for the rest of the night.  I planned on knitting and watching TV.  He planned on heading home for a while before he heads to Buffalo Wild Wings at 10:15.  I will be in bed at 10:15.  We lead vastly different lives, but manage to meet over beer to talk about what is going on in each other's lives.
I think that is one of the best things about CABCo.  I have a lot of friends from that pub.  They all lead lives different from mine, but we all get along and care about each other.  There is just something about that place that brings people together.  I wish that everyone could have a bar or a coffee shop that means as much to them as CABCo means to me.  

No comments: