Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bagels: Bread of the Week 8

This week for the Bread Baker's Apprentice Challenge I made bagels. I love bagels. Until today my favorite place to get bagels was Bruegger's. Now my favorite place to get them is my kitchen.

These bagels are chewy and delicious. I used bread flour, as I don't have high gluten flour. Gluten flour will make them even chewier. The next time I place an order with King Arthur Flour I'll be adding a bag to my order. They were very easy to make. I think I will make them at least once a month.


I'm going to freeze the leftovers and pull them out one at a time as I use them. I don't have any sandwich bread right now, so I think I'll be eating hummus and spinach on bagels all week for lunch. Doesn't that sound delicious?

5 comments:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Yes, that does sound delicious! Whenever I need bread flour, I just add vital wheat gluten to my all purpose flour and it does great.

Sarah said...

That is a great tip! Thank you for that.

mary-claire said...

yum yum yum yum! i am so jealous. they look delicious!

essjay said...

That lunch sounds delicious! I hope they freeze well!

Liz said...

mmmm... add some roasted red pepper and it's a perfect lunch for me!