Sunday, February 7, 2010

Greek Celebration Bread: Bread of the Week Six

This week I made Greek Celebration Bread. It was a week full of celebrations, so I made three loaves for them. The first loaf was for Ann's birthday. The second loaf was for Monica's not so horrible reaction to chemotherapy. The third loaf was for me successfully baking bread.

Greek Celebration Bread is a tasty bread with cinnamon, cloves, almond extract, nutmeg, and several other spices. It smells amazing, and tastes even better. I decided against putting the optional glaze on the bread, as I thought that it would be tasty enough on it's own. I'm glad I didn't add it, as it was delicious without the topping.

I didn't get any good pictures of the bread. As you can see, it sort of looked like a big potato. This photo also shows off my fancy new cutting board. I think it's too pretty to actually use a knife on.


All of the spices in the bread made it taste a bit like French toast. My favorite way to have the bread is lightly toasted.


I will defiantly make this bread again. I think it would be perfect to bring to a brunch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This bread is on my make-again list, too. Good job!

Unknown said...

It looks so yummy! Why was there no Sarah's Awesome Birthday celebration loaf?!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.