Sunday, June 7, 2009

Graduation Party

Yesterday I had a graduation party. I was worried going into it. I had nightmares that no one would show up (they did). The forecast called for rain (it held off). My ear infection hurt like hell and made it impossible for me to chew (pain pills and juice got me through).

I shouldn't have worried. The party was great. It had everything you could ask for in a party.

It had a nephew who is really good at pouring beer.
It had another nephew in training for pouring beer. I don't think he'll be up to pumping the keg at the lawnmower party this year, but he should be good by next year.
It had Kathy & Deirdre (and a pre and post party call from Claire). I was kind of out of it due to the meds, but I'm pretty sure this is right after Kathy's keg stand. I'm sure she'll deny it, but can you really believe a drunk like her??
It had football.
My party even had the tell tail sign of a great party...the John Hartman impersonation. Nobody nails that impersonation like Justin. Granted, I've never seen anyone else do a John Hartman impersonation, just an impersonation of Justin impersonating John. Whew. That sentence gave me a headache. I may have to take a nap after typing that out.

Thank you for everyone who was able to make it to the party. I'm blessed to have such great family and friends. I appreciate you all so much.

3 comments:

Deirdre said...

Excellent party, Sarah! I've never had such a perfect combination of fun people, great keg beer and delicious baked goods.

Be proud, MBA!

Kathleen said...

I agree. Great party, great food, fabulous people. Congratulations!

mary-claire said...

It looks like such a good time! I'm so sorry I missed it. The thought of missing the baked goods alone makes me sad, not to mention all the awesome people. Conga-rats!