Thursday, June 18, 2009

Send your CSA my way!

Last week Kathleen was out of town and unable to pick up her CSA box. Always being one to help out my sister I picked it up for her. Then I promptly ate most of it.

The CSA box was filled with the best spinach I've ever had, lettuce, green onion, and radishes. I used the radishes, radish greens, and green onion to make an amazing spring salad with goat cheese (Cooking Light April 2009). Just looking at the picture makes me drool a little bit (but thankfully not burp radish). The recipe was from cooking light and had a simple dressing of lemon juice and olive oil.



I don't remember ever eating radish greens before. They are bitter, and I was worried I wouldn't like them, but the dressing and goat cheese mellow them out a bit. If you've ever wondered what fresh tastes like make this salad. Next time I would bulk it up with more greens and cut back on the radish a bit. I insisted on making it exactly as indicated in the recipe, and continue to be mocked for it.

Thank you Kathleen for sharing your vegetables. Don't you think you should head to Cedar Falls early next week? Say on Wednesday morning??

No comments: