Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Last night was the busiest New Years Eve I can remember. For once I actually had plans. Not just one party to show up at, not just a bar to hand out at, but several plans. We actually had to stick to a schedule to get it all accomplished.

First up was Sbrocco for dinner with Sarah and Jeff. It was a fancy pants meal. We had champagne and three delicious courses.


My favorite course was the dessert. I got chocolate soup. It was like eating warm brownie batter with a spoon. John got a chocolate torte made with Templeton Rye. It was delicious too. We tried Choco Vine with dessert, it's a mixture of red wine, cream, and chocolate. I need to remember to pick up a bottle the next time I'm at the store.

After the fancy dinner we headed to the Bash at the Des Moines Social Club. It was a crowded party filled with performance art and bands. It was fun, but very surreal. There were people everywhere. We were there to see Ann perform. She was between a belly dancer and a Victorian burlesque troupe. She was by far the best. The video doesn't capture how great of a job she did, but you do get some idea with it.

At the Bash we spent time talking to Ann's friend Colorado John, John's uncle Maurice, and Ann. We also ran into my friend Tara and my old roommate Heath (who is still a dork that is too good to talk to me...what a loser).

After watching the show at the Bash we headed to our last party at Hot Toddy's. It was nice to end the night with with such a good friend.

I hope you had a wonderful New Years Eve and I wish you happiness in 2010.

No comments: