Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bella Mittens


I haven't been knitting lately. I haven't been home much, and when I am home I haven't felt like picking up the needles. That changed today when I woke up to a gloomy 4th. I sat down, turned on the TV, and decided to finish a project.

I've been working on Bella Mittens for about a month. I decided to use Amanda's pattern, knowing that she went through some patterns she didn't like and made her own. They are supposed to be really long - about up to your elbow. I didn't have that much bulky yarn around, and I have a hard enough time getting mittens on after I put on my coat, so I decided to go with a shorter version.

I am really happy with how they turned out. I have been wearing them around the house all morning, which is probably a sign that I should turn my air conditioning off.

No comments: