Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thanks Mom & Dad!

For graduation Mom & Dad gave me some money which I used to buy a bike computer. It's awesome. It tells me my miles per hour, distance, time, and most importantly cadence. It has made me a much better rider.

Don't worry, I still manage to have fun. A few weeks ago I went on a ride to Martensdale with Steve and Becca. On the way back we stopped at the Cumming Tap for refreshments. I tell you what, on a 90 degree day nothing feels better after 2 hours of biking than a beer and a Gatorade.


It ended up being the longest ride I've ever been on. As I pulled up to my house I'd gone 48.2 miles. Not one to quit that close to a milestone I rode around the neighborhood until I reached 50 miles.



I can't say enough how much I'm enjoying my new bike. I never thought I would be in to riding 5 or 6 days a week, but now if I miss a day I really miss it.

No comments: