Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lawnmower Party

Last weekend we headed home to Cedar Falls to celebrate Crusher's 8th birthday. My parent's have been having a birthday party for the lawnmower for over 30 years. This year over 100 people came to the party. That means that the lawnmower is technically more popular than me, and I'm OK with that.

John prepared for the party by reading a little of The Girl Who Played with Fire. Both he and my mom really liked The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I haven't read it yet, as I am waiting for Kathleen's verdict first.
Justin and Amy were at the party this year. It's always fun to see them. Justin does the best impersonation of his Dad.
At the end of the party everyone moves to the screened in porch. It was a little chilly this year, so we actually needed blankets after the sun went down.
Neither Kathleen nor I took many pictures. If John hadn't picked up my camera I would only have two shots from the entire weekend. Hopefully Mary-Claire remembered to take photos.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm glad we bothed just glossed over the reason neither of us took any pictures.

Also, I will never be as popular as Crusher (current, past or future).

Kathleen said...

Um, "both".

And I think he's 9 now.

mary-claire said...

I didn't take any pictures this year either. Shame on us.

essjay said...

I love that your parents celebrate the birth date of the lawn mower AND that so many people show up for the party!