Monday, May 17, 2010

Maker Monday: week 20

This week I made a cowl. I've had the pattern in my Ravelry queue for a few months and finally decided to make it. After knitting socks and fingerless gloves size 10 needles seemed huge.


This was a fast and simple knit. The pattern was well written and easy to follow. I like that it sits closer to my neck than the other cowls I have made.
I'm happy with the color. The picture above most accurately portrays the color. I like rich colors in the winter. They look warm which somehow makes them seem warmer. Or maybe I'm just crazy like that.

Last week when I start the cowl it was cold enough to need knits. I'm happy to report that it reached 70 today and I can pack it away until fall.

1 comment:

essjay said...

Such a lovely cowl in a lovely color! I always have a hard time adjusting needle sizes after working on different projects too.